ACCESS GRANTED: Experience fashion runway magic at MBFWE
Sit where they sat and see Australia’s best and brightest designers on the runway exclusively at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Weekend Edition. Delve into the unseen, mingle with models, witness the buzz of backstage and see a runway show in the making.
Enjoy fashion experiences, unlock trade secrets, have a drink and a bite to eat with your fellow fashion crowd in the MBFWE Hub. We’ve enlisted top editors, style icons, illustrators, designers and beauty to host a schedule of events for the Style Session Series, so be sure to check what else is happening at Carriageworks before and after the show.
The world’s most influential fashion media and retailers are headed to Sydney for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia, and this is your chance to see the season’s trends, all at the home of MBFWA, Carriageworks, May 19-20 2017.
Tickets on sale now.
Searching a few more answers? We've got you!
1. Where is Carriageworks?
Cariageworks is located at 245 Wilson St, Eveleigh NSW
Train: The nearest station to the Carriageworks venue is Redfern Station which is approximately 9-10 minutes’ walk.
Bus: The nearest bus stop to the Carriageworks venue is King Street, Camperdown (Opposite Carillion Avenue and close to The University of Sydney)
3. Is there parking at the venue?
Please note valet parking will be available for guests and can be booked through Gieves. Flat rate of $35 pre-booked per space per day or $45 pay-on-arrival +GST, space permitting – phone 1300 880 839 or email email@example.com
4. If I am doing the Runway Photography Masterclass what time do I arrive and where do I go?
Your Ticket specifies the Masterclass start time. Please ensure you arrive at the latest 15 minutes prior to the start time. When you get to Carriageworks, enter from Wilson Street, head through the glass doors and then wait to the left of the Box Office in the designated Runway Photography.
5. If I bought a GOLD ticket when do I arrive and when do I get to access the Star Lounge?
When you get to Carriageworks, enter via Wilson Street, and then collect your VIP Access Pass from the Box Office. This wristband ensures you receive exclusive access to the Mercedes-Benz Star Lounge pre-show for complimentary drinks and canapés. Pre-show Mercedes-Benz star lounge access commences 1 hour prior to your designated show start time indicated on your ticket. Ticket bearer is responsible for ensuring they leave Star lounge and arrive to the show by show start time. Once the show commences, lock-out rules apply.
6. If I purchased a SILVER ticket what time do I need to arrive and where do I go?
When you get to Carriageworks, enter via Wilson Street. If you have your ticket already you do not need to go to the Box Office desk on arrival, as your ticket is your direct access to the runway showroom! Please arrive promptly 15 minutes before the show. Once the show commences, lock-out rules apply. Your gift bag will be waiting for you on your seat.
7. If I purchased a SHOW SEAT ticket do I get a reserved seat?
First in best dressed - all Show Seat tickets are unreserved so don’t be late!
8. Do I need to purchase a Style Session Series ticket if I have already purchased a show ticket?
No, you do not need to purchase a Style Session ticket, provided that you have already purchased a show ticket of either GOLD, SILVER, SHOW SEAT or RUNWAY PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS as this automatically guarantees you MBFWE hub access for unlimited interactive activations.
9. Do I need to bring my own equipment to the Runway Photography Masterclass?
Please bring your own camera and other equipment.
10. Can children under 15 attend?
There is no minimum age required to attend the shows, any child under 15 years of age can attend but must be accompanied by an adult.
11. How can you apply for Media Accreditation for MBFWE?
This is a consumer ticketed event only. If you would like to apply for Media Accreditation to cover the event, it is on a case by case basis so please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Is it too late to buy tickets?
Provided we aren't sold out tickets can be purchased at the Box Office located inside the Carriageworks entrance! Additionally they are available online for purchase (www.ticketmaster.com.au/mbfwe) right up until the show and you can collect them prior to the show from the Box Office or have an e-ticket sent direct to your email.
13. How long will each show go for?
We cannot give an exact timing on this. However standard runway shows usually run between 30-45 minutes.
14. What if I need to refund my ticket?
Ticketmaster has a strict no refund policy included in their T&C’s you agree to at time of purchase. Tickets are transferable; you can gift them, or re-sell them.
15. What designers are in each show?
Full list of designers to be announced. Each show description currently gives you an indication of designers you would expect to see in the show, once full line up is confirmed we will update the lineup in those descriptors.
16. I was unable to make my show, what can be done?
We're sorry you missed it! Please call Ticketmaster directly or see us at the Box Office onsite at Carriageworks.
Please note that only patrons aged 18+ can consume alcohol. Anyone under the age of 25 will be required to show photo ID.
IMG is a global leader in sports, fashion and media operating in more than 25 countries around the world. IMG’s businesses include Events & Media, College, Golf, Tennis, Performance and IMG Academy, Fashion, Models, Clients, Licensing, Joint Ventures, and creative management agency Art + Commerce. In 2014, IMG was acquired by WME, the world’s leading entertainment and media agency. Together, the companies offer an unparalleled client roster; strategic partnerships with sponsors and brands; and marquee assets across sports, entertainment, events, music and fashion.
For more information on IMG and its business visit:
- General Enquiries - email@example.com
- Marketing and Press - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsorship - email@example.com
- Corporate Hospitality - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Opportunities -email@example.com
MERCEDES-BENZ FASHION WEEK AUSTRALIA/WEEKEND EDITION 2017
“WIN A $2,000 DION LEE WARDROBE”
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Instructions, prizes and information on how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants accept these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is International Management Group of America Pty Ltd (ABN 23 001 788 343) of Level 25, MLC Centre, 19 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000 (“Promoter”).
3. The promotional periods commence at 15 April 2017 and ends at 14 May 2017 (“Promotional Period”).
4. Entry is free and open to individuals who are over 18 years of age and an Australian resident. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and any third parties associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
5. To be eligible to win entrants must, during the Promotion Period, fill out their correct details via an entry form reached via the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia (“MBFWA”) official Facebook Page - found https://www.facebook.com/fashionweekaus/
6. The winner will be judged on individuality and creativity by a representative(s) of the Promoter on 30 May 2017. The winner will be notified by email (within 24 hours). Their name will be published via the MBFWA official Facebook page[AM1] [JJ2] (insert link). In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
9. Multiple entries during the Promotional Period are not permitted.
10. There shall be one winner of the Prize. The winner as drawn by the Promoter will win the prize. The prize includes the following:
(a) One (1) two-thousand (2,000) dollar voucher for purchase at Dion Lee (https://www.dionlee.com/) or in-store at any Dion Lee boutique.
11. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
12. Any ancillary costs associated with taking the prize, other than those included above in paragraph 10, will be the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her companion. Visa entry requirements to the United States, spending money, any further accommodation, meals, travel insurance, transport to and from departure point and all other ancillary costs, as well as obtaining any of these, are the responsibility of the winner and his/her companion. Any cancellation fees or changes to the itinerary will remain the cost of the winner and his/her companion.
13. All components of the prize must be taken together or otherwise are deemed to be forfeited. Prize cannot be taken as cash.
14. The prize is subject to the ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restrictions. The Promoter hereby expressly reserve the right to eject the winner (and/or his/her companion/s) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
15. Total prize is valued at up to AU$2,000. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
16. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
17. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image, voice and/or social media posts content in the event they are the winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
18. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
19. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non- Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
20. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant (independent financial advice should be sought); or (f) use of or participation in the prize (i.e. travel).
21. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
22. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties involved with the Promotion, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
23. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative travel destination to the same value as the original prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
24. The laws of New South Wales apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.